Friday, February 18, 2011

Emily's 30th Birthday Week!!

Well a couple of week's ago I turned the big 30!!! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think I got myself prepared or hyped up a bit. 30 so far has been wonderful. I had such a fun birthday/birth week. It all started on Tuesday Feb. 1st. My best friend Hillary invited me to go out for ice cream which is a tradition of ours. We were going to a new ice cream place this time where you get your own ice cream and add any toppings you would like. When we got there, Hillary opened the door for me and when I walked in I heard a bunch of people yell "Suprise"!! To my suprise she had called all of my friends in the ward and had them meet us there for a suprise party!! It was so wonderful!! It was so fun to be truly suprised!! It was so great to have everyone there to help celebrate my birthday and we had a wonderful time together!! It was fun to see everyone!!

On my actual birthday, I went out to breakfast to Ihop with 2 of my good friends that I go walking with, then went to lunch at Olive Garden with my mom and sisters, and then went out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse with Doug and Wyatt!! I can't believe that I did that all in one day. It was so fun though. At lunch, my sister Brita thought it would be fun for everyone to bring 30 of something as a gift. So my mom gave me 30 cute fabric squares, batting and yarn, Jenni gave me a pack of 30 sheets of cute scrapbook paper, Kelleen gave me 20 cute thank you cards, some 5 stamps, and fun flower stickers, Brita gave me 30 cans of Dr. Pepper and a hat that had 30 blow pops on it with a sign that said 30 blows.

Later in the week we celebrated mine and my niece's birthday with Doug's side of the family, and then had a family dinner at my parents house on fast Sunday. We had my favorite, cheese lasagna. It was so yummy. I hadn't had it in a while.

I had a few phone calls that day, got some cute cards, had the Relief Society Presidency stop by with a treat, spent time with friends and family, etc. It was a wonderful day and week. Thank you to everyone who made it so special.

1 comment:

Clark Fam said...

oh, I am so glad you had fun. And, it was just as much fun planning a surprise for you as it was being there.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!